After working through this section AND attending any associated classes you should be able to:
- summarise the purpose of sporulation and factors influencing the type of sporulation;
- compare the characteristics of sporangiospores and conidia;
- describe the types of zoospore produced by fungi;
- describe asexual sporulation in fungi belonging to the Chytridiomycota, Oomycota and Zygomycota;
- describe the different types of thallic and blastic conidia formed by mitosporic fungi, the Ascomycota and some Basidiomycota fungi;
- describe the different types of structure in which conidiophores are aggregated together .